Gold Coast Art Fair in pictures – June 30./July1. 2012
The Gold Coast Art Fair is a very prominent art festival in the heart of Chicago. Close to 600 artists gather together for this great event. This year was our second time in the show.
Set up took a little longer as we had to dolly everything in to Grant Park. The weather was hot and muggy so we also had set up a second tent for shade. My brother was a big help for us.
The people were very nice and receptive for the artwork. I received an “Outstanding Achievement” award and at that time I didn’t even care about the storm that just swept across the field. After the storm sales started again and the final $ number supported the award that I just received.
Art Festival Schedule 2012
Check out the summer show schedule:
- 2012 June. 23. 24. – Crosby Festival of the Arts – Toledo, OH
- 2012 June. 30. July 1. – Gold Coast Art Fair – Chicago, IL
- 2012 July. 6. 7. 8. – 21. Annual Chicago Tribune – Chicago, IL
- 2012 July. 21. 22. – 3rd Annual Redstone Art Fair – Park City, Utah
- 2012 July. 28. 29. – 10th Anniversary Downtown Aspen Art Festival – Aspen, Colorado
- 2012 Aug. 4. 5. – 25th Anniversary Beaver Creek Art Festival – Vail, Colorado
- 2012 Aug. 11. 12. – 6th Annual Main Street to the Rockies Art Festival – Frisco, Colorado
- 2012 Aug. 18. 19. – Lincolnshire Art Festival – Lincolnshire, IL
- 2012 Aug. 25. 26. – Port Clinton Art Festival – Highland Park, IL
My brother Karcsi is arriving from Hungary…June 28. 2012
Anticipation is growing and excitement is in the air:) My brother is already on the plane and flying in to Chicago. He sort of disappeared after the connecting flight but we figured out he would have already called or text-ed if something vent wrong.
As we are arriving at the Chicago airport my Mother is on the phone worrying a little. We were walking to terminal 3. and all of the sudden my Mom says its terminal 5. Oops….Get in the car again and try to get there in time…
Ok, arrived to terminal 5. As we are walking in my Mom says it looks like on the flight tracker that they are going away from Chicago. That is not possible. I told her maybe they are just going around the airport to find the right spot… I was wrong again. A storm just hit Chicago and yes their flight was redirected to Detroit.
No panic, no panic and no panic… A really helpful immigration officer told us that they will refuel and will fly to Chicago after the storm around 8PM
That’s how it happened. He arrived and me my husband and our little son was very happy to see my brother Karcsi:)